Coach Liang left this morning with the girls for TOPs A Camp. The ladies took a 6:24am flight (oof!) and landed in Houston around noon. The first day of travel is always rough for the west coasters. They have to take the earliest possible flight in order to arrive to Physical Abilities testing the first night.
TOPs Camp differs from Developmental Camp in a couple of way.
1. The girls all travel in a bus with other TOPs kids to the Ranch.
2. The girls stay in the large cabins, not the athlete motels.
3. The girls stay with a chaperone, not alone.
4. The last afternoon workout is open to the parents to watch.
5. There is a CLEANEST CABIN Award.
6. The final evening the girls put on a song and dance for the National Staff. This is a judges contest.
7. There is also a T-Shirt decorating contest. This is also judged by the National Staff.
8. In the past there has been a dance party on the final night. I hear rumors of a bon fire this time!
All of the girls are divided into color squads (I believe PEG is in the Yellow cabin this year). The yellow girls will eat, sleep and train together all week.
Tonight will consist of testing and likely a quick workout. The girls will head straight to bed after workout and dinner. Starting tomorrow the girls will start 2-a-day workouts, and all of their spare time will be spent creating and perfecting their song, dance and shirts. Evenings are spent either practicing for the show, taking the National Team photo and receiving their apparel.
This is Amari and Bogdana’s final trip to the Ranch for TOPs National Team Camps.. Next year they will have aged out. Bella is experiencing her first TOPs Team camp experience.